Who needs a Form POS-040 form?
Legal identity or individual, who grants some kind of services by mail, e-mail, calls, delivery, messenger, etc.
What is for Form POS-040?
POS-040 Form (or Proof of Service) is approved just for optional use. POS-040 may be used for assurance in
granting specific services made by communication way. The following form has no need to be copied, filed
Lawyers say that Proof of Service really not always must be filed. There are better forms like POS-020 and
POS-030. POS-040 – just collects all details from that previous forms.
Is POS-040 accompanied by other forms?
No, but some documents may be specified due filing.
When is POS-040 due?
Expiration of POS-040 will be in specific time, which was noted inside the document or related
How do I feel out Form POS-040?
To complete POS-040 form, you must note the following information:
- Name, address, personal phone and info about person to whom you are serving specific documents
(Fill the First box on the left side)
- Country, where was the legal action with documentation. And address of court must be the same
as served documents (fill the second box on the left side)
- Note the names of petitioners and respondents (third box on the left side)
- Fill the checkbox, where must be specified needed way of servicing (fourth box in left side)
- Space in first box of right side will be used by court’s staff
- In second box in right side, please, print the case number (optional)
- In third right box note the State of judge (optional)
Where do I send Form POS-040?
Completed form must be sent to the court of your (or other specified) state.